CBT Therapist Training Manuals and Resources
On this page we will strive to provide you with an overview of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and some commonly recommended resources for CBT therapist training. CBT Therapist Training Manuals and Resources.
CBT Therapist Training Manuals and Resources.
At the outset, let us say that CBT is now over fifty years old. Additionally, a number of new upgrades to the approach are developing and being introduced into the arena. Consequently, one new approach that has gained considerable media interest is TactileCBT (TCBT), or Pause Button Therapy. A number of academics around the world have endorsed the new approach, including professor Zimbardo, of Stanford University, and professor Dryden, of Goldsmiths London University. As a result, it is gaining an ever growing acceptance in therapeutic practices.
Cognitive-behaviour therapy is a widely used therapeutic approach. This approach focuses on identifying and changing patterns of thoughts and behaviours that contribute to psychological difficulties. It is an evidence-based treatment for various mental health issues, such as anxiety disorders, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and more. You can also find more info in our post: how long does it take to become a CBT therapist..
CBT Therapist Training Manuals and Resources.
Here are some recommended resources for CBT therapist training:
- "Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Basics and Beyond" by Judith S. Beck: This book provides an introduction to CBT and covers the fundamental techniques and strategies used in therapy.
- "Cognitive Therapy Techniques: A Practitioner's Guide" by Robert L. Leahy: This book offers a comprehensive guide to CBT techniques and provides practical examples and case studies.
- "Learning Cognitive-Behavior Therapy: An Illustrated Guide" by Jesse H. Wright and Monica Ramirez Basco: This book uses visual aids and step-by-step instructions to teach CBT techniques effectively.
- "Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Anxiety Disorders: Mastering Clinical Challenges" by Gillian Butler: This resource focuses specifically on CBT for anxiety disorders and offers detailed guidance for therapists.
- "Cognitive Therapy for Challenging Problems: What to Do When the Basics Don't Work" by Judith S. Beck: This book explores advanced CBT techniques and strategies for addressing complex clinical cases.
- "Pause Button Therapy" by Martin and Marion Shirran and Fiona Graham. Pause Button Therapy introduces the reader to a new, fresh approach to CBT, in a heartbeat it takes CBT from being Passive to being Tactile. Foreword written by Professor Philip Zimbardo of Stanford University San Fransisco.
Pause Button Therapy 'Therapist Training Manual' and 'Client Work Book'
The extensive Pause Button Therapy Therapist Training Manual is in PDF format for immediate download. You can read more details about the manual in the Training section of this website. The manual also includes a multi-print PDF copy of the Client Work Book, enabling therapists to supply the work book to their clients, either free of charge, or for a small fee.
We accept payments either by credit, or debit card, as well as PayPal, for all of our Pause Button Therapy products. Firstly, just click on the "Buy Now" button. Then you can either log in to your PayPal account, if you have one, or you have the option to pay by bank card.
The cost of the complete PBT Therapist Training Manual, including a multi re-printable copy of the Client Work Book, is £54.00
- Summarise the origins of Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT and the developmental process that has led to its current position in the therapeutic field.
- Describe the theories and research that underpin TactileCBT.
- Explain the differences between TactileCBT and other CBT-based interventions, and the contribution that it makes to the field of therapy.
- Demonstrate how Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT can enhance and further develop current clinical practice.
- Show how you can apply Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT techniques to improve the well-being and outcomes of clients immediately.
Following the Introduction section, the manual is broadly divided into three sections:
- Theoretical Framework
- Working With Clients
- Evidence Based Therapy Introduction
Pause Button Therapy Client Work Book
The Pause Button Therapy Client Work Book is available independently as a PDF download for just £6.95
The PBT book is an effective 'Self Help' tool for those who wish to introduce change into their lives. However, it seems that clients who are working alone, without the input of a therapist, may require further assistance. We are now pleased to be able to offer the Client Work Book, which covers in detail:
- How Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT can change your life.
- The alternative choices and actions you have.
- How to develop an emotional connection.
- Introduction to Time Perspective, and its importance.
- The role of thoughts
- Encourages the recording of your therapy journey.
The PBT cards are of 'credit card' size and quality. Each one has a slot cut out, so you easily fit it on to your key ring. Or alternatively, you can keep it in your credit card wallet. The PBT embossed silicone wristbands are available in two sizes, small and large, and are in the pack with the PBT card.
As stated in the PBT book, we have found that clients generally benefit from the tactile use of the cards and wristbands. However, many therapists globally have informed us that the use of any, locally purchased wristbands, can deliver a similar result. The price of a pack of two cards, and two wristbands (one large and one small) is just £8.95 inclusive of postage and packing, within Europe. The cost inclusive of postage and packaging for international clients is £12.95. Clients are also encouraged to consider buying the Client Work Book; details are above. Therapists, or organisations, requiring multiple cards and wristbands, can contact us for pricing variations.
CBT and Hypnotherapy Training
Pause Button Therapy, published worldwide by Hay House. How helpful would it be if we could occasionally just pause: freeze time for a few moments and consider the consequences of the actions we are about to take?
Pause Button Therapy is a proven, innovative and interactive new therapy technique that allows you to do exactly this, empowering you to break free of negative habits and unconscious responses. PBT is based on an incredibly simple idea but it can be used for a whole host of issues. It provides additional thinking time, allowing a person to consider the potential consequences of their actions and adjust their behaviour accordingly. PBT has been hugely successful in the treatment of everything from addiction and weight issues to depression, anxiety and relationship problems, and this book will show you the many ways in which you can use it to transform your experience of life.
"The Pause Button Therapy Book clearly describes a technique that can be employed to very good effect in a range of therapies. I recommend its use" Windy Dryden PhD, Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies, Goldsmiths University of London.
Order the book from Amazon.
Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT is for anyone who's ever made a mistake in their life and wants to strive to never make one again. It is for anyone who wants to make a real change in their lives.
Pause Button Therapy/TactileCBT Blog
Keep up to date with the latest news and trends about Pause Button Therapy and TactileCBT by visiting our Blog page. New in-depth info is added periodically, so make sure you bookmark the page and visit regularly. Click here to see what everyone is talking about. Feel free to also share the link with your friends.
If you require any additional information around Pause Button Therapy and Tactile CBT, the PBT Cards and Wrist Bands, Work Books, or the new Therapists Training Manual, email us today. We will be pleased to answer any outstanding questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you soon and maybe helping you change your life, or, of course, assisting you to help others.